CYBEX Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0, Lavastone Black,Car Seat
- Integrated SensorSafe 2.0 Technology monitors the well-being of the seated child
- Adjustable Linear Side Impact Protection System
- 12-position height adjustable headrest with no-rethread harness
- Caregiver peace of mind with the SensorSafe 2.0 smartphone application
- Rearward installation up to 40 lbs., Forward installation up to 65 lbs.
SensorSafe 2.0Originally developed to prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe 2.0 goes a step further to monitor the well being of the child while the vehicle is in motion. The Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 provides the essential alert through both the vehicle receiver and the caregiver's cellphone when the driver accidentally leaves the child behind in the car, but also alerts the driver if a child unbuckles themselves while the vehicle is in motion; if the back seat has become too warm or too cold; and if a child has been seated for too long —all through a user-friendly app, that also provides guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s and more.
L.S.P. SystemWhether rearward or forward-facing, the CYBEX Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 features an adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection system (L.S.P.), increasing the level of safety in case of a side-impact collision. The L.S.P. system can be individually adjusted on the door facing side of the car seat and can absorb up to 25% more impact forces in a side-impact collision in combination with the head and shoulder protectors.
12 Position height adjustable headrestIn combination with the adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection System, the height-adjustable headrest adds to the excellent side-impact protection of the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 convertible car seat.
With the 12-position height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness guide, the length of the harness changes automatically when the headrest is adjusted. This prevents any need for the difficult threading in and out of the harness and makes it almost impossible to misuse.
SensorSafe 2.0 Smartphone AppSensorSafe 2.0 will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to take action quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind. The innovative user-friendly app, also provides guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s and more to help prevent misuse.
Removable Newborn InlayThe Newborn Inlay provides a near-flat angle in the seat of the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0, helping to prevent baby's head tipping forward while it sleeps, which can lead to serious breathing problems. Along with German doctors and midwives, and taking into account the findings of many tests, this function was developed to enable a safe lying angle between head, neck and chest, thus significantly reducing the risk of suffocation. This seat insert is removable after the child reaches 11 lbs., to provide more space and comfort for growing children.
Rear Facing InstallationBecause 59% of accidents are head-on collisions, CYBEX recommends transporting children in a rear-facing position for as long as possible, preferably up to 4 years old or 5 lbs. In a head-on collision a rear-facing seat distributes the strong front-impact forces across the seat's back, significantly reducing the strain on the child's neck and head.
Forward Facing InstallationFor children 22 lbs. to 65 lbs. Depending on your preference, the Sirona M with SensorSafe 2.0 can also be used in a forward-facing position for children who are at least 2 years old or 22 lbs.
- 5-point safety harness with SensorSafe 2.0 Technology integrated in the chest clip
- Adjustable Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System) absorbs up to 25% more impact forces in the event of a side impact* (*when compared to the same car seat without L.S.P. extended)
- Magnetic belt holders for easy entry and exit from the seat
- Rear-facing installation from 5 lbs. to 40 lbs., or Forward Facing from 22 lbs. to 65 lbs.
- Energy absorbing shell helps reduce the forces felt by the baby in a collision
- 12-position, height-adjustable headrest with an integrated no-rethread harness for protection that grows with your child
- 10 position one-hand adjustable recline for the best fit to your car
- Cup holder can be positioned on either side and is dishwasher safe for easy clean up
- Cozy harness pads with anti-slip backing and comfort padded buckle cover
- Removable newborn insert provides support from 5 lbs. to 11 lbs
- Install using LATCH or the vehicle seat belt for a safe and secure connection to the vehicle seat
- Dual Belt adjusters to ensure a tight fit
- Dual-level indicators to help ensure the proper angle
- Innovative one-pull LATCH removal system
- LATCH Connection storage provided in the seatback when not in use
- Ergonomic design in CYBEX’s iconic Gold Design language
- Designed and engineered in Germany
How SensorSafe 2.0 Works:Originally developed to help prevent the rising number of infant hot car deaths, SensorSafe 2.0 will chime through the installed vehicle receiver to alert when a child is still secured in the back seat after the car has been switched off. This reminds the caregiver to take action quickly, but if the child is still secured after several minutes an alert will be sent to the caregiver’s cellphone through the downloaded app. If the situation is still not remedied, the designated emergency contact will receive an alert with the GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position. This state-of-the-art safety technology is designed so there is no need to reinstall each time you drive. For ease, just keep the receiver plugged into your car’s OBD port to drive with that extra peace of mind.
- Chimes through the installed vehicle receiver if child is still secured in the seat when the car is switched off
- Alerts through the caregiver’s cell phone if the child is left behind in the vehicle and then alerts the designated emergency contact if the situation is still not remedied
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of the vehicle’s last known position
- Alerts through the vehicle receiver and caregiver’s smart phone when the child has unbuckled themselves while the vehicle is in motion
- Monitors the back seat temperature to alert through the vehicle receiver and the caregiver’s smart phone when the back seat appears to be too hot or too cold for the child’s comfort
- Provides warnings to the caregiver when the child may have been seated for too long and needs a break
- Receiver plugs directly into your car’s OBD port and syncs with the caregiver’s cell phone
- Only one install needed if receiver is kept plugged into vehicle’s OBD port
- Helps to prevent misuse by providing guidance on installation, how-to videos, FAQ’s, direct link to customer service and more through the Sensorsafe 2.0 app.
- App can monitor up to 16 chest clips on a single platform
- App download available for Android and IOS
- Rear-facing (fully reclined): H 18.5” x W 20” x D29”
- Forward-facing (fully upright): H 25” x W 20” x D 21.5”
- Weight: 24.7 lbs
- Use from Birth up to 65 lbs. or 49 inches