Cybex Sirona M Convertible Car Seat
The new Cybex Sirona M is the only car seat that keeps your child safe not only with its crash-protection features, but with innovative technology that alerts parents of potentially unsafe situations.
SensorSafe 2.0 technology integrated into the chest clip sends alerts to both a vehicle receiver and a smartphone. The alerts notify parents when the child has been accidentally left in the car, helping to avoid unthinkable tragedies. Alerts also sound when the child unbuckles themselves in a moving vehicle, when a child has been seated for too long, and when the back seat has become too warm or cool.
Usable from birth to 65 pounds, the Cybex Sirona M includes other features that make the seat easy and comfortable, like a 10-position recline, 12-position headrest and magnetic seat belt holders for easy entry and exit.
In a safety feature unique to Cybex, the seat includes an adjustable linear-side impact protection system—pods that extend from the sides of the seat to absorb up to 25% more energy in a crash. A tubular steel frame runs the perimeter of the seat to provide structural strength, as well as a pathway to channel crash forces away from your child. In addition to meeting American safety standards, the Cybex Sirona M performs in German crash testing with 2.5 times more crash forces than U.S. tests.
Car Seat Features
- SensorSafe 2.0 technology integrated into chest clip (see next section for more details)
- Rear-facing and forward-facing
- Tubular steel frame provides structural strength and a pathway to channel crash forces away from child
- Adjustable linear side-impact protection absorbs up to 25% more forces in a side collision
- Energy-absorbing EPS shell, as used in crash helmets, reduces forces to baby in a crash
- 12-position adjustable headrest grows with your child
- Magnetic belt holders make it easy to get child in and out of the seat
- Seat reclines to 10 positions to find the right position for your child and your car
- Removable infant insert provides support for 5-11 pounds
- Can be installed using LATCH or vehicle seat belt
- LATCH connectors can be removed with innovative one-pull system and stored in seatback
- Dual belt adjusters ensure a tight fit
- Harness pads with anti-slip backing and comfort-padded buckle cover ensure a comfortable fit
- 5-point harness
- Tested to NHTSA and German ADAC safety standards
- Designed and engineered in Germany
SensorSafe 2.0 Features
- Chimes if child is still secured in seat when car is turned off
- Alerts caregiver's cell phone if child is left behind in vehicle and then, if situation is not remedied, alerts designated emergency contact
- Emergency contact receives GPS coordinates of vehicle's last known position
- Monitors back seat temperature to alert vehicle receiver and caregiver's phone if car appears to be too hot or too cold
- Provides alerts to caregiver when child may have been seated for too long
- Receiver plugs into car's OBD port and syncs with caregiver's cell phone
- App available for iOS and Android
- Rear-facing dimensions (fully reclined): 18.5"H x 20"W x 29"D
- Forward-facing dimensions (fully upright): 25"H x 20"W x 21.5"D
- Product weight: 24.7 pounds
- Rear-facing capacity: Birth to 40 pounds
- Rear-facing capacity: 22 to 65 pounds or 49"