Uppababy Cruz 2017 Stroller
The UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller 2017 is here! It just arrived and we are so excited to tell you about it!
You can now purchase your Cruz with luxe leather covers on the handlebar and bumper bar! Because a stroller is an environment for babies, safety is the number one priority, so UPPA chose full grain cow hide that was tanned with no chemicals, and meets strict EU REACH certification standards. The leather is hand stitched onto your stroller, and will get darker and softer with use. The Austin, Hunter, and Loic styles come with the leather already installed; you can purchase the covers separately for other styles, or to add a chic upgrade to an older model.
Other changes in our newest 2017 model include
- An improved SPF 50+ sunshade, with a new woven fabric that resists wrinkles;
- New sunshade locks to keep it in place better when you slide it up and down the frame;
- Redesigned solid polyurethane wheels, which will trim a little weight off of your stroller and will wear better;
- A new upgraded fold lock that can be replaced if it wears out; and more.
As with previous models, the UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller 2017 has the same roomy and reversible seat as the UPPAbaby Vista, and is compatible with the awesome UPPAbaby Mesa Infant Car Seat with no need to purchase separate adapters. The stroller handlebar is height-adjustable, the under-seat basket is HUGE (it holds up to 25 pounds!), and the Cruz feels great to push, on four-wheel suspension and ball bearings.
The UPPAbaby Cruz Stroller 2017 is suitable for use from birth up to 50 pounds.
- Weighing in at a slender 21.5 pounds, it has almost all of the same features as the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller, including the same roomy seat on a narrower frame;
- The seat is reversible, so your babe can gaze up at his beautiful mama or explore the new sights and sounds of the wider world;
- The stroller handlebar is height-adjustable, telescoping to suit the needs of taller and shorter parents;
- Kids enjoy an ultra-smooth ride on four-wheel suspension and ball bearings (and you’ll love how smooth it is to push!);
- Like the UPPAbaby Vista Stroller, the Cruz has a gigantic under-seat basket, holding up to 25 pounds!
- The Cruz is compatible with the awesome UPPAbaby MESA infant car seat, no adapter needed!
Here are some FAQ's on the Uppababy Cruz Stroller.
FREQUENT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UPPABABY CRUZ STROLLER
Do I have to take the seat off to fold my UPPAbaby Cruz stroller?
No, the UPPAbaby Cruz can be folded with the seat still attached. The seat must be front facing and in the upright seat position to fold easily.
What's the difference between the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 UPPAbaby Cruz models?
2011 UPPAbaby Cruz
- The Cruz stroller first came out in 2011.
2012 UPPAbaby Cruz enhancements
- A new color, Maeve (lilac) was introduced
2013 UPPAbaby Cruz enhancements
- UPPAbaby introduced an optional bassinet for the Cruz stroller
2014 UPPAbaby Cruz enhancements
- There were no changes for this model year
2015 UPPAbaby Cruz enhancements
- A new color-matching bassinet is available
- Several new colors are available
- Suspension has been removed and a new more shock-absorbing tire is introduced
- The bumper bar is included in the box, which was previously optional.
Can the UPPAbaby Cruz be used as a double stroller?
The lighter weight Cruz frame is not designed to be used with the UPPAbaby Rumbleseat, so the stroller can only be used as a single. UPPAbaby does offer an optional riding board for the Cruz stroller, for older siblings to ride while standing.
Where can I find the Serial Number on my UPPAbaby Cruz?
The Serial Number, with barcode, is located on a sticker on the lower right of the stroller frame. The Serial Number is a 17-digit number.
Can the UPPAbaby Cruz be used with newborns?
The optional UPPAbaby bassinet is good for babies from birth. The fully reclinable stroller seat is also suitable for newborns if you add the optional SnugSeat infant insert. The Cruz also has an optional car seat adapter for your Graco, Maxi Cosi, Peg Perego, or Chicco car seats. Finally, the Cruz is compatible with the popular UPPAbaby Mesa car seat, without needing a separate adapter.
What is the maximum weight capacity for the UPPAbaby Cruz?
The UPPAbaby Cruz bassinet is appropriate for an infant from birth to 20 lbs. Using the stroller seat with the UPPAbaby Cruz, it's rated up to 50 lbs.
How does the Cruz fold?
- STEP 1: Activate the brake to prevent stroller from rolling forward while folding.
- STEP 2: Place index fingers on both slide release triggers and slide upward until frame begins to fold.
- STEP 3: Once the Cruz stroller begins to collapse, hold handle bar with right hand and reposition left hand onto back leg.
- STEP 4 Continue to fold stroller until latch on left side has engaged. Stroller will stand when folded
Where can I buy the UPPAbaby Cruz on sale?
Authorized Dealers have agreements with UPPAbaby not to advertise discounts or coupons for the Cruz stroller unless approved by UPPAbaby.
What comes with the UPPAbaby Cruz?
The Cruz comes with these standard accessories: bumper bar, rain cover, and bug shield.
How heavy is the UPPAbaby Cruz?
The Cruz stroller weighs 22 pounds.
What strollers are like the UPPAbaby Cruz?
Parents most often compare the UPPAbaby Cruz to other single strollers like the Bugaboo Bee, Nuna Mixx, and Stokke Scoot.
Does the UPPAbaby Cruz have suspension?
In 2015, the Cruz stroller introduces wheels that better simulate the cushier ride of real air tires. To help reduce overall weight, the frame suspension was removed in 2015.
Can my child face both directions in his/her Cruz?
Yes! The Cruz seat can be front or rear facing and easily snaps in and out for quick, convenient conversion.
What makes the UPPAbaby Cruz wheels so special?
UPPAbaby borrows from the latest in high performance athletic shoe technology to create all terrain wheels that never go flat! The AirGo tires simulate the cushioned ride of an air-filled tire. The new Cruz tire provides a shock-absorbing performance. The 2015 Cruz stroller has larger 8.25 inch rear wheels for a smoother ride. Rubber-coated, EVA foam tires create a unique system that replaces pressurized air with foam to prevent punctures and untimely flats.
What are the dimensions of the UPPAbaby Cruz?
- Unfolded: 22.25"W x 39.5"H x 37"L
- Folded with seat attached: 22.25"W x 37"H x 11"L
- Folded without seat attached: 22.25"W x 37"H x 9"L
- Weight (includes canopy, seat, basket, and wheels): 22 pounds
What is the TravelSafe Program that comes with the Cruz Travel Bag?
The TravelSafe Program guarantees your stroller during air travel in the TravelBag. With the UPPAbaby TravelSafe Program, you can now gate check your stroller without worry. By simply registering this TravelBag online, any damage caused to your stroller during air travel is fully covered by UPPAbaby.
What infant car seat adapters are available for the Cruz?
The Cruz is compatible with Graco (SnugRide, SafeSeat, SnugRide 30, SnugRide 32 and SnugRide 35), Peg Perego (Primo Viaggio and Primo Viaggio SIP), Nuna Pipa, Chicco (Keyfit and Keyfit 30), Cybex Aton, and Maxi-Cosi (Mico, Mico Max, Maxi-Cosi Citi, Maxi-Cosi Cabrio and Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix) car seats.
Does the Cruz come with a cup holder or snack tray?
The Cruz Cup Holder and UPPAbaby Snack Tray are separate accessories that will fit on all Cruz strollers.
What are the fabrics used on the Cruz?
1680 Polyester and 600D Nylon fabrics are used for the Cruz toddler seat and bassinet. The bassinet is lined with an all-natural blend of cotton and soybean fiber.
How do I wash/clean the fabrics on my Cruz?
The Cruz fabrics are machine washable. Keep plastic seat insert inside fabric along with harness belts attached to fabric. To wash the canopy, remove the metal and plastic frame that run the width of the fabric (you will need a Phillips head screwdriver to remove).Wash in delicate cycle in a front loader (not a top loader) or hand wash. Hang dry.